This position is based in Alberta, ideally in between the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
This position will develop relationships and implement the agreed upon team strategy with existing and potential agency donors in a specified region that will both increase financial support and resources, engage current constituents and cultivate potential donors. This position is held accountable to a fundraising plan.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Understanding of, and strong commitment to World Renews mission, vision, values, and value proposition.
3. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity.
4. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure.
5. Ability to articulate a biblical world and life view and explain how World Renew carries this out by exemplifying enthusiasm for the ministry and encouraging the same in others.
6. Working knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC) is an asset.
7. Self-directed with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and ability to set priorities in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment.
8. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others.
9. Strong interpersonal communication skills, can express ideas clearly both written and verbal, able to listen with sensitivity.
10. Able to speak easily and positively with people over the telephone and other modes of communication.
11. Thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills.
12. Ability to maintain confidential donor information.
13. Working knowledge of Fundraising CRM programs as asset (IE Raisers Edge)
1. Bachelor’s degree is required in sales, marketing, communications or another related field.
2. Minimum of three years of work experience in fundraising and/or donor relations is required, and exposure working in an office setting and/or sales experience is a definite advantage.
Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively and convincingly both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel within a specified region as well as attend occasional meetings in other parts of the United States and Canada is required. Occasional international may be required.
This position will be based in a remote office location. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional international travel to destinations with rough terrain, unreliable access to water and electricity and increased exposure to illness.